Friday, November 2, 2007

Die Hard Piano Student

So my funny story about being a piano teacher this week...

Justin's cousin, Adam, who is 7, takes piano lessons from me. He was supposed to have his piano lesson on Tuesday. But Tuesday afternoon, Adam broke his arm. This wasn't just a typical break. He broke his ulna and radius BOTH completely in half. Apparently they were sticking out of his arm and it was pretty gruesome. I am quite glad I wasn't there, or they probably would have had to cart me off to the hospital as well. Luckily, his mom works at the school and his house is right by the school, so his parents were able to take him to the hospital quickly. His mother reported to me later that as Adam climbed into the back seat of the car, wobbling because he was in shock, he asks, "Mom, do I still have to go to piano lessons today?"

I'm not sure if his asking was because he was really hoping he had gotten out of them or if he is just a dedicated student. I will go for the latter.

No comments: