Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Summer Reading

I have been reading a number of books over the summer. Some good, some not as good. But I thought I'd give you a little update.

Most recently finished:

I just finished this last night actually. Cornelia's character was so endearing. Half of the book was written from her point of view and she goes off on all these tangents about old movies and good books and how the relate to her life...and it made me happy. Great read. I would recommend it to anyone! Thanks Jaclyn.


Not my favorite:

Everyone has been reading these books lately, and normally I like the "bandwagon" books. But I am not going to read #2 and #3. Too graphic for me. I can't imagine anyone just LOVING these books. But I could be wrong. He's not a bad writer, but just not my cup of tea.


One that has changed me most profoundly:

Everyone asks me if this is a marriage book. NO, it's not! Far from it. It's about changing the worlds "me, me, me" mentality. It helped me to open my eyes and think outside of my happy little world and realize that there is so much need out there. It's hard sometimes, because I feel like in the LDS church, we give every month on our little "donation" slips and feel like maybe that's all that we need to do. Or we go to our monthly service projects and tie quilts and feel good. And while those ARE good things, I think there are so many good projects and things to get involved with outside of the Church too. This book really helps you think through how you can do good in whatever your stage of life or circumstances might be. I really would recommend it to any and everyone!


And one I have been perusing lately...

We are expecting #3! Sometime mid-March.

7 comments:

Melanie said...

And baby #3 is already stealing from your reading time! Congratulations. Are you guys hoping for a boy or a girl?

Anna White said...

Well I am hoping for a girl. I feel like I have felt different this pregnancy than the other two. But it could just be my wishful hoping.

Mikki said...

Yaaaay! Congrats Anna! So excited. : ) We seriously need to rendezvous....somehow...

Jaclyn said...

Love the way you introduced this announcement. LOVE you!

emily sparks said...

I am hoping you have a girl too! Break that boy curse your family's got going. Congrats.

Rachelle said...

That is so exciting you are expecting baby #3. I think all our babies have been born right around the same time. Ours is due Feb. 22. Also, those pictures are beautiful!

Jessica said...

Woohoo! Congrats!! Glad I am perusing your blog.