Thursday, August 5, 2010

$1500 in Costco gift cards is mine

Yep, you read that right. Many of you who know me well know that I would love to be on a game show and win lots of money. (I'd like to be on one even if I DIDN'T win lots of money, but the money would make it more pleasant...) My dream hasn't come true yet, but I did get lots of money in the mail today so it felt like I won something.

I have a neighbor who taught me how to do online offers. She has done a couple and has other friends who have done some too. I decided to try it. You know when you get spam emails that say "Get a free $500 Walmart gift card" or something like that? And then you click on it and you have to sign up for a bunch of other offers to get it? Yep, that's what I did. (This was all done through a specific website that helps you know what companies are legit, so don't just try any online offer you see!)

Today, all my hard work PAID OFF because I got my gift cards in the mail. I figured out that I put about $300 (and quite a few hours) into this project, but when you get $1500 for $300, that's a pretty darn good deal. And I did get a bunch of other stuff too, with that money I put into it. Like books, and movies and free music downloads. And I resold some stuff on Ebay, so I actually probably spent under $300...I should sit down and figure it out.

But right now I am just too happy. I might just hold onto them for a rainy day. :)

4 comments:

Robyn said...

HAHAAAA, a rainy day. Ya right! well I must say I am relieved that you got them... What if you never did and you would have blamed it all on ME?

Kimberly said...

Yay that it all worked out! I still have not been brave enough to try any of those...

Maggie said...

Sweet!! I am so impressed. You'll have to tell me all about it. I want some free stuff too! :)

Jaclyn said...

You are a rock star!