Monday, March 17, 2008

Idaho!!

Last weekend we took a family trip to Idaho.  It was so fun.  Isn't it funny how when you go on vacation it wears you out even more?  And it takes you a while to recoup?  Joshua didn't get very regular sleep for the 2 1/2 days we were gone.  He is slowly getting back on schedule.  He did have his first snowmobile experience in Lava Hot Springs, though!  The Meenderinks (pronounced "men-drinks") have a house up in the mountain.  The only way to get there is riding on snowmobiles or on a sno-cat (a very old, loud, awesome machine) about 2 miles in from the road.  We rode on the sno-cat, since you actually can sit inside of it (since we had Joshua).  But Gary wanted to make sure Joshua got his turn on the snowmobile, so they rode around the yard together.


We actually planned the trip because the Morris family (a family I taught) were sealed in the Idaho Falls temple.  It was such a sweet experience to be with them in the temple.  I couldn't hold back the tears when they brought the three little ones in. 


4 comments:

Bart said...

Looks like fun!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you got to be there for the sealing. What an awesome experience! And I bet they couldn't get enough of Joshua. I miss that lil' guy. :)

Carly said...

What a fantastic experience. I was able to go to the sealing of a family I taught as well--it was incredible. One of those experiences I wouldn't trade for anything. I am so glad you could go!

Jaclyn said...

I didn't know that they were getting sealed. That's great! I was just telling someone about Sue and my trip to Idaho that one day in July a few years back... Love ya!