Friday, May 21, 2010

My little composer

Everyone always asks me if I teach Joshua any piano. The answer is NO--he is only 2. But he likes to play around on it sometimes. He composed a song the other day. I was pretty amazed. (still am!) Don't get too excited here, he's not Mozart or anything. A little background about my little 2 year old, though. He loves clock towers and bell towers. If it is a clock and bell tower in ONE, even better. He idolizes Big Ben. And the "happy clock" at Disneyland (outside It's a Small World). He's a little obsessive. Okay, a LOT obsessive.

Anyway. Sometimes he makes me play the clock tower chimes on the piano. And I do it for him. Because he's my son. Yesterday while I was making dinner, I heard him messing around on the piano. After a minute, he runs in and says "Mommy! I play-a-bells!" And this video shows you what he did.



Now, the cool part is that he repeats it. Over and over and over again. And if he starts on a note that would make the bells be in a minor key, he keeps playing the notes until he finds the major key. I am just so excited! My little musician!!!

P.S. Now you know what it takes for me to blog. I seriously have good ideas everyday about stuff to blog about. Here's my list over the past month or two of what we need to catch up on:
-my Mom's spontaneous visit
-many a trip to Disneyland
-Joshua's new best friend (or worst enemy), Simon
-Justin's acceptance to a seminar at BYU meaning we'll be in UTAH for 2 months starting next FRIDAY!
-daily cuteness from my 2 little boys

So stay tuned for more excitement (probably to come in another 2 months...ha ha)

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Alright, that is so stinking adorable! I am also requesting another post before he is playing full songs on his own.

Myleka and Chris said...

go josh!

Emilee said...

Tha is way cute! I guess you will have to start teaching him piano now :)

Maggie said...

Brilliant little Joshy!!! He is so cute!