Sunday, March 8, 2009

Breaking the Curse and News

So Justin was flown down to CA to visit UCR this weekend and is having a great time. As for Joshua and I...we broke the curse! We drove up to Logan Saturday morning with no car problems. Phew! We had a great time playing with Grandma and Grandpa (both called "ba-ba-bay" by Joshua).

We have heard back from a couple of more schools...here's where the count is right now:
-Accepted at UCR
-Wait-listed at Vanderbilt and University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
-Rejected at Yale, Stony Brook, Northwestern and Penn State

Still a few more to hear back from, but so far California is still looking like a good possibility! In the mean time, when I pick Justin up from the airport tonight, we are going to stop by the hospital in Salt Lake and Justin's uncle is going to give us an ultra-sound and we will hopefully find out if I have a little boy or girl inside my tummy! It's like Christmas! :)

5 comments:

BWei said...

I didn't know you were expecting again--woohoo! Congrats on UCR--it's got to be so nice to know that you don't have to wait much longer to know where your future will be.

Jaclyn said...

I am so excited for all the possibilities you have together-- such a good life. Congrats on making it to Logan!

Jennifer Nielson said...

You're having another baby!! Yeah! So happy for you and excited to hear what you find out. Congrats to Justin on getting accepted and wait listed at so many schools-

Marcia said...

Oh! That would be great if you can tell Baby's gender! And I'm so pleased for you that you were able to make it up to see your parents. When Doug's out of town I find myself visiting "Nanny & PopPop" (as my parents are known) for longer periods of time.

Dave Golding said...

Justin/Anna:

I missed getting your email at the Harvard Conference. I'd love to get a copy of your presentation, Justin, if possible. I thought you really nailed some of the key challenges in scriptural interpretation, especially the place of the reader in the hermeneutical task.

Anyhow, if you are coming to UCR, may I extend an invitation from us here at CGU? We have a Mormon Studies student association here, and I can't remember if I mentioned this or not when we talked, but we'd love to have you at any of our events. You could also probably attend a Mormon Studies class and receive credit, just contact Richard Bushman. Next semester he'll be teaching a course on Joseph Smith, should be excellent, and maybe up your alley.

Apologies for trolling your blog... but I couldn't locate an email address in our Harvard Conf. emailings :)

Best of luck with choosing a school!