Thursday, September 18, 2008

Mommy moments and an amazing husband!

So I had one of those moments the other day. One of those moments where I have a small glimpse of what it means to be a mom. Justin and Joshua are both sick with a yucky cold. Both of them had sore throats when they woke up two days ago. There were a few hours in the afternoon where Joshua was just sad. Really sad. He was crying and couldn't go to sleep because every time he swallowed, it would hurt. I snuggled him and rocked him and pretty much cried as much as he did. As I cried and rocked him, I just wanted to take all the pain away! I am sure all mom's have felt that way before, but it was one of those defining moments for me. Realizing how much I really do love my little guy.

I only lasted 30 minutes or so before I called Justin (who was up at school). I was crying so hard I couldn't even say anything. I just heard him say, "do you need me to come home?" followed by *sniff, sniff* and then "ok, sweetie, I am coming home right now. I will see you in a few minutes." He came in record time and saved the day! What a hero.

Also a hero because he won 2nd place in his age division in our half marathon we ran a couple of weeks ago. WOW! St. George, watch out for Justin Fred White! (The other amazing person in the picture is Chris Radigan--also finished 2nd in his age group)


Emily and I also finished in record time. (Any time would have been record since it was my first, but we won't worry about that...)

6 comments:

Alicia said...

That is so sweet. Thank you for sharing. And way to go Justin! That's awesome!

Jaclyn said...

Hope your boys are feeling better! Can't believe you ran a half-marathon. People that run for fun or without a ball in front of them amaze me...remember our sad attempts at 6am the summer you got back from your mission. Oh, the things we do to keep a girl coming to church-- love you!

Dunstan Family said...

wow look at your running those I want to but micahs not into them. I am sorry they are sick and yes we all have those moments.

LaChelle said...

Oh Anna, you don't have to feel pressured to play along with any of my silly little blogging games :) I think that was a particularly scary one. Actually, only one of the people I tagged was brave enough to do it, so you're definitely not alone!

BWei said...

Anna! It is so great to hear from you!! Goodness, we need to catch up on everything. Will you post your email address on my blog and then I'll delete the comment? Your sweet family is beautiful--happy birthday to your little boy! And way to go on the half-marathon.

ego non said...

Joshua is so cute. And congrats on running the half! That's just great.