Monday, October 29, 2007

Running-my love/hate relationship

So I have started running. Some of you might wonder if my husband has rubbed off on me. Maybe he has, maybe he hasn't. I am going to run a half marathon? Am I nuts?! Probably. Whether my daily motivations arise from trying to burn off my extra pregnancy fat or trying to please my husband, I have been doing it nonetheless. And though I grumble to myself as I get ready to go out, I think I secretly like it.

I set a goal for each week to help motivate myself, and I think posting goals for the world to see might actually be helpful for me. So my goal for this week is 15 miles. I went 3 today, so that leaves 12 more. I probably should be better at the whole internal motivation thing, but right now, I'm not. Maybe that will change over time! But whatever gets me out for now is good for me!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Anna Banana! I wish you would come to Nashville and then we could train together! (Trust me, if I can do it, you can too!)

Much love!

-Laura

Janssen said...

Anna, I'm excited to see you blogging!

Bart said...

Sounds good. I'll be watching to see how many miles you actually complete. I've been averaging two or three miles/day, usually five days per week. I'll try to make sure to do 15 this week to keep up with you (maybe we shouldn't talk about how many miles Justin does . . .).

I think I'm currently at 2 miles for the week (we're taking today off as a holiday). So that leaves a good amount for Thur, Fri, and Saturday.