Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Voting or boating?

We told Joshua this morning that we were going to go to the "voting" place to vote today. It's just a few blocks away, so we walked. We told him he would get a sticker. He seemed to be just fine with the idea. And even found a big stick before he left that he asked if he could take with him. "Sure!" I said.

When we got there, he seemed a little distressed and kept asking "Mom, Mom! Where is the voting place?!" I kept tell him that we were AT the voting place. Then we got back in the stroller and headed for home, with him proudly wearing his sticker on his hand.

After a minute of walking down the road, it was obvious that something wasn't right in the little 3 year old's mind. He was upset and we couldn't understand what he wanted. He kept asking "where is the water place you were talkin' about?!" and I kept answering that I hadn't said ANYTHING about a water place and that I had NO idea what he was talking about. Then he held up his stick and proclaimed "I wanted to use my stick to puddle!" "Puddle? What is puddle?" Justin and I still have no idea what he is wanting. "You know, PUDDLE!" Josh says as he uses his stick to pretend PADDLE on the side of the stroller.

"OH! Paddle! You want to use your stick to paddle?"

"Yes Mom! At the 'BOATING' place!"

Sorry son. Voting was a big disappointment.

No comments: