Sunday, July 18, 2010

Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons

We had a blast going up with my parents to Yellowstone National Park and the Grand Tetons. It was just a short 2 day excursion, but we saw a lot. Joshua's favorite part was "Old Faithful". It was pretty windy, though, and he kept covering his face with his hood!


I think my favorite part of driving through Yellowstone was how every so often the cars would be backed up (since it was only a 2 lane road) and it would be because there was some sort of animal off to the side of the road. I got good pictures of some of them. We saw elk, a grizzly bear, a black bear, and bison.


Here's some of Mammoth Hot Springs and a beautiful waterfall behind my parents and the kids!


Our 2nd day we stayed the night in Jackson and went to Jenny lake and took a little hike up to these falls. The Tetons were so gorgeous. As we drove back to Logan down 89 by the Snake River, I decided that's where Justin and I are going to go for a little get away sometime. It's so beautiful!


Now we are spending a week up at Snowbird with Justin's family and we'll be heading home to Cali at the end of the week. I sure can't wait!

2 comments:

Maggie said...

Sounds so fun! You know, that's where Nate and I honeymooned, and it was awesome. Sounds like you guys have had a really fun summer in UT. I just wish you could wait an extra week so we could cross paths!!!

Marianne said...

Did the car run OK? :-)

I'm glad you had a good time!! I'm also so glad you were around this summer and that we could spend a little time together! Have a safe trip home!!