(Side note: This is mostly for my husband because he gets automatic updates in his email when I write a new post...I don't know that anyone else does. I don't know that very many people actually read this either, but I don't care! Love you babe.)
So our house is less than 700 square feet. We have toyed with the idea of renting elsewhere at times, but we cannot beat the price of University housing. There are a few things that I wish I could change, though.
1. A garbage disposal. I want one. I hate digging out the gross things that are not supposed to go down the drain. It's gross. Ew. Ew. Ew.
2. A counter. The only counter I really have is on top of my dryer. We actually have a big mov-able slab of wood on top of it, though, which actually makes it like a counter sort of. It has to be able to move because otherwise I wouldn't be able to empty the lint trap. Too bad that I have to empty the piles of things that are on TOP of the counter every time I need to discard the lint...
3. Carpet/Paint, anything to make it a little less...plain. Tile floors, white-washed walls...it's just boring sometimes. Some day I am going to have every room in my house a different color, just because I can. And I am going to make my mom help me. (Don't worry, I doubt she'll ever read this)
4. Speaking of the floors, I wish that every time I stepped on that squishy spot in front of the kitchen sink, I didn't think about all of the horrible things that must be going on under all of the layers of floor to make it that squishy. And the walls. They just paint a new layer every time someone moves in. I just try not to think about what got stuck in between every layer of paint...
5. I know most of my neighbors would put this as one of their first ones-a dishwasher. I honestly don't mind too much the whole no-dishwasher thing. Justin makes a pretty good one. hehe. No, but really. I mostly just wish I had two more sinks so the dishes had somewhere to pile up.
I probably could sit here for hours, but I won't. (And don't judge me if I have spelling mistakes and bad grammar. I am just trying to finish quickly before Justin gets home from class.) The cheesy point of my post is that even though there are things I would change about my physical surroundings if I had the chance-it's kind of fun and cozy and crazy doing it all with my sweet husband and two little guys. The neighborhood couldn't be better, and Justin makes it all seem like we're living in luxury. He treats me like a queen and Josh and Nathan are our little princes. And that is better than any counter or dishwasher ever could be.
Fox 7 News Story
3 days ago